Thursday, March 05, 2009

You Load Sixteen Tons...

And whataya get? Another day older and deeper in debt…

Well, I am indeed older today, 49 as of mid morning, anyway. I don’t recall ever loading 16 tons of anything, other than bullshit, and the last time I shopped at the company store was summer camp in ’71, so I think I’m doin’ alright…

Hmmm, life reflection: Well, I am a better person than I used to be. Still an ass, mind you, but a less hostile, less self-centered one than I was, so that’s progress. I won’t ever be rich or famous, won’t ever play professional sports or have a 30 year career in anything: I guess I coulda, but I didn’t and frankly, I’m fine with that.

Here’s what I would like to do down the line: I’d like to be a great husband, partner and friend to Monica. I’d like to be a good step dad to three fine young men. I’d like to play music semi-professionally for many years to come. I’d like to get a book and a song published. I’d like to make many fine guitars. I’d like to see the world. I’d like to do what I can to make this earth a better place. I’d like to be at peace with myself.

I’d like Cuban Crime of Passion to STOP running through my head.

That’s not asking too much, is it?

Happy Birthday to me, and thanks again, Ma and Pa!

No comments: