Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ay Carumba!

What the hell is wrong with humans? Why is it that every time we coagulate in virtually any form of government, the main aim of said block becomes, almost immediately, their own well being and the complete disregard of everyone else’s?

Right now, I can’t decide who I disdain more, the U.S. Government, or Myanmar’s…

Oh, and by the way, yes, I’m American, born and raised; I love my country, but have absolutely no love lost for my government. If any of you flag huggers read this, before you bother telling me to love it or leave it, just please leave a comment confirming that you’ll fund my emigration to Canada or France and I’ll gladly get out of your hair, OK?

There are millions of people displaced, hundreds of thousands dying, and these fucking idiots want to block those who would help.

Good Lord…

Maybe I should be thankful that they are getting help – When I think of the millions who have died in Africa, where our government does next to nothing above lip service, it makes me ill. Ah, but who am I fooling? They have nothing we want or can get with reasonable ease, so why help them?

Then I read the newspaper or pull up NPR and what do I see and hear? Hillary sparring with Obama, and McCain trying to figure out just how broad a lie he can make of himself to get elected. It all makes me sick.

Meanwhile, excuse me? Did Antonin Scalia really say the Daily Show is “Childish?” Excuse me, Sir? Being Sicilian, are you familiar with the English colloquialism, the kettle calling the pot black? You fat, pompous bombastic asswipe! Please, please, please; for the love of God, get out of bed with Dick and Big Binness long enough to see the light of day, you moron…

One of my band mates, during a recent practice, heard someone describing something they’d heard along these lines recently. He stopped playing, and with a pained expression said, “God humans are such stupid, stupid creatures…”
Now that is true; and damn if ain’t one of ‘em…

No comments: